The default username and password should be changed in order
to secure the network. The default username and password can be changed using
the Setup Wizard web interface. Here are the steps to change the username and password
for Netgear routers:
- Open any internet browser on a device that is
connected to the Netgear router.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and
- A login page will display asking you for the
default information of the router. The default username is “admin” and the
default password is “password” for most of the routers.
- After successfully logging in to the router, you
will be taken to the Setup Wizardweb interface.
- One the left side of the screen, you will see
the Wireless option. Click on that.
- Now, you will see the Network Name (SSID)
option. Here, you can type in the desired username for your network. Make sure
that that you do not share any private information in the name of your network
as the username is visible to other devices as well.
- Below the Network Name, you will see the
Password (Network Key) option. Here, you can type in the desired password for
your network. Make sure that the new password that you wish to set is hard for
other people to guess.
- Click Apply to save the changes made.
Your changes will now be saved and you can login to your router
with any device using the new username and password for your network.
The Netgear C7800 MODEM Router needs to be logged in and set up by the user so that the user can further configure their router themselves. The setup and login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply go to www.routerlogin.net and enter the default information whenever prompted. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are case sensitive. Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the user will gain access to the advanced features of the router. The user can further configure their network using these advanced features of the router.
The user can configure, customize, control, monitor and even repair their network themselves with the help of these advanced features. The user can configure their router to better secure their router as they please. The user will be able to block any inappropriate content on their network as well as restrict certain websites on their network. The user will be able to modify their network as they please.
The router will be needed to reset so that the user can
restore the router back to its factory settings. Take note that if the router
has been reset multiple times, it can damage the firmware of the router.
Here are the steps to reset the Netgear router:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the
router. It will be inside a very small hole. It might be labeled as Reset or
Restore Factory Settings. The label might vary for different routers.
- Now, using a paper clip or something similar
press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after ten seconds. The
LED lights at the front of the router will start blinking. Once the power light
becomes stable and green/white in color, the router will have been restored
back to its factory settings.
Take note that there should not be any interference during
the reset process as it can damage the router and might even render the router
When accessing NETGEAR RAX40 you need to be connected with your router to access routerlogin.net
- Using www.routerlogin.net in your browser you can manage your router.
- Access the address in the browser and log in with your credentials.
- If you are using correct login details you can access the page.
- Router page can help you to change its settings.
- If you cannot remember the login details then you can use forget option.
- It’s a default option which appears on its own.
- Using your router serial number and answering security questions you can find the login information.
- www.routerlogin.net is not working
Steps given above can help you to login to router page but if it is not working then you can check troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure you are connected to your router.
- Check the address you are typing routerlogin.net
- You can use Default IP address to login.
- Use Ethernet cable from router to PC to access
- Reset the router also helps when login page is
- Once login is done you can use quick setup or
step wizard will start the setup.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Always select help me choosing option for easy
- For advance user you can change the setup
These steps are only valid if your cable connection and internet
connection is good. Check the instruction for cables.
Connecting Your Router
- You should have working internet.
- Ethernet cable from modem or wall should be
connected to router internet port.
- Ethernet cable from router to PC.
- Make sure power LED is solid green or white.
you can face when login into router page
- Web address for netgear router is not valid or
- Login details are not valid.
- Cannot change wireless name or password.
- Administrator password not changing.
- Device list is not showing devices.
- Internet showing not connected.
- Wireless keeps on disconnecting.
upgrades not working.
To update Firmware on NETGEAR Router using Nighthawk App:
- Make sure your device on which you have nighthawk app is connected to Netgear router’s WiFi network.
- Open Nighthawk App.
- You need to log in using the Username and password. (What are my username and password?)
- Tap on Nighthawk router image to open router settings.
- Click Check for update.
- If new firmware is available, tap update
To change WiFi name (SSID) and password using nighthawk app:
- Open NETGEAR Nighthawk App.
- Choose 2.4GHz or 5GHz from network list.
- Customize WiFi name and Password.